Pediatric Urgent Care
We are a family-friendly children’s urgent care and minor emergency center in downtown San Mateo
For over 20 years, we have provided pediatric urgent medical care to babies, children and young adults from San Mateo, Burlingame, Millbrae, San Bruno, San Carlos, Belmont, Redwood City, and Foster City. The clinic is staffed by Board Certified pediatricians, is easy to find, and has parking right outside the door.
Our clinic is open for Urgent Care after hours when your child’s doctor is unavailable. We recommend you make an appointment so we can prepare for your arrival, please fill out all the forms and upload your insurance information. We have a limited number of walk-in spots each night.
Our Urgent Care team near San Bruno loves to help children with their well-trained healing hands. Our team can handle most non-life-threatening emergencies for children and young adults. Over two-thirds of our sick visits are for returning patients, assuring us that parents trust our doctors and value our services. See what others have to say testimonies.
Our nurses and doctors with caring hearts bring smiles to our little patients, even when they need a shot or swab for strep throat. We know that making our patients laugh is a great medicine and that a sticker or a prize helps to forget about an unpleasant test. We care about you. We are here to help.
- Healthy Kids Guidance on caring for children
- AAP Parenting Info
- Mayo Clinic Symptom & Disease
- AAP Healthy Growth & Development
- Local public notices and information on infants and children’s health
Our Healing Hands Can Help With
Our Healing Hands Can Help With
Pediatric Urgent Care 94066, 94067, 94096, 94098
San Bruno is a city in San Mateo County, California, United States, incorporated in 1914. The city is between South San Francisco and Millbrae, adjacent to San Francisco International Airport and Golden Gate National Cemetery, and is approximately 12 miles south of downtown San Francisco.
San Bruno Services
Insurance We Accept
Our Insurance Policy
After Hours Pediatrics accepts a wide variety of insurance plans including those listed to the right. Please contact your insurance company directly to find out if our providers are in-network with your plan.
Questions & Answers
A: We treat Urgent Care patients from birth to age 26. If we are very busy, we give younger children priority and may ask the young adult to be seen in Adult Urgent Care.
A: You should come to After Hour Pediatrics if your child requires urgent care when your pediatrician or primary care physician’s office is closed. We are a convenient and affordable alternative to the Emergency Room. If the injury or illness is life-threatening, you should go to the nearest hospital.
We are open 365 days a year, Monday-Friday 5pm -10pm and Weekends/Holidays 10am-10pm.
If you are in doubt about whether to come and visit us please call us at 650-579-6581
A: The typical visit requires 30 -60 minutes depending on the services you need. If you need lab tests, breathing treatments or a procedure performed, you may be in the office for longer. During surge of illnesses or patients with emergencies, wait times can be longer.
For Urgent Care, you can “Save a Spot” or drop in. We see walk in patients in the order that they arrive with exceptions for critically ill children or those at high-risk. We do our best to see “Saved Spots” on time, and always leave openings for walk in patients.
- We believe sick or injured children should be seen by a pediatrician. Other urgent care facilities may have pediatric rooms or areas designated for children, but they are not staffed with clinicians who have specialized training in pediatrics.
- We are ideally located in downtown San Mateo, 10 minutes from San Francisco airport.
- We offer free parking right outside our front door.
- We are child friendly, caring, compassionate and gentle.
- We will work with your child’s primary physician, informing them about your visit and ensuring they are fully briefed about your child’s medical situation as soon as possible.
- We are independently run so you can talk to us about financial pressures. We might be able to help.